The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

So what are you working on that’s NOT your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And that's small time, especially if you've seen avsforums alumni setups. I just have two so that I get a more even response across the width of the room; one is enough for output in there. Our old house had just one UXL18 (these are IXL18F + PA460-8) and there were some nasty voids where bass completely disappeared due to sound wave cancellation from reflection. I actually have the attenuation knobs on the 3 amps down at under 3/4. Once I cut the legs out of the remaining two chairs, the room is done (besides getting another display cabinet from ikea). 1.5yr build and it turned out exactly how I had envisioned before the start.

Taking a risk and changing the transmission fluid in the $100 Honda. This will be the first money I've spent on it besides gas and other small things that I don't count. It shifts a little too rough for my liking and the fluid on the dipstick is dark. It's really the opposite of slipping, rather abruptly clunking into gears. The car does have well over 200k miles, so this may be typical wear, but I'll give this a try and see.

I'm not too worried about the fluid change causing issues. Not that it won't, but Honda 5 speeds are plentiful at the local junkyard and very interchangeable. The only reason I had interest in this auto car was the price LOL

And this is actually the only car I'm fooling with right now. The DSM's have taken their typical spot on the back burner again (imagine that), and other things are the house projects that I'm still catching up on.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Besides being extremely dirty under the hood, and not having a spec of clearcoat left, this car is actually clean. No rust whatsoever besides mild surface where paint is gone. We're just needing to catch up on maintenance and care that has lacked while it sat under that tree.

For the past 18 months, I've been back into remote-controlled cars. These things are sooo fun to drive and work on. If you have kids, it's double-fun as the kids love them too, and you can work on them together. They're about a million times cheaper and easier to work than full-size cars.

Last edited:
Did a little rear end tuck and upgraded 4.1 diff install on the 350

my si just crossed 200k miles. decided to do the timing belt water pump and new oil pump just to be safe

Last edited:
2016.5 cx5 gt. About 104k km.

Driving home, was about to pick up mcd, alt belt snaps accelerating to 80. Car doesn't want me to have fatty food, how nice.

Been dealing with a sound for a few days, like blowing over the top of a pop bottle. Starts around 40 mid toned and ups about 20hz (guessing..), and every 10-12kph it drifts away and the lower tone comes back.

Rear rotor looked like this:

I figured it was just a bunk rotor for a long time. Sound only recently. All four wheels in the air, that was the only one that requires effort to turn.
Off comes the caliper.. the pads were basically welded inside the bracket shim hardware. Couldn't release any tension against the rotor after braking, so it constantly pressed against the rotor and disintegrated, hence the raised circular lines. But only a little. Too much rust in front of the pad ears for it to move well. I did notice decreased braking power the past couple weeks but I barely drive, obvious from the mileage.

Had to chisel the pad out of the shims with a flathead and the nearest thing to me, 1/2" breaker bar.
Now that it's free, spins fine.
Hoping this fixes the sound but new rotors and pads don't come until Tues (rockauto, $150 for the whole set shipped to Canada. Power stop OE, good enough. Crazy good price.)

This is my DD so .. no going anywhere for me.
But this is also the incoming weather

Time to grab another beer and maybe watch another t storm.

Already had a decent solar setup on my RV but today I started added a DC-DC charger to the setup so the alternator will charge the lithium house batteries while we drive. This is be great so that the refridgerator will be able to run on AC while driving rather than propane. I've never been a big fan of running the propane while driving.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back