The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dyno tune and remote tuning question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kengo

Probationary Member
Oct 17, 2023
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Hi, just being curious if you already have a remote tuning done to your 2g dsm, do you still need to bring it to the shop to do dyno tune? I know it's better to do dyno tune after remote tuning but just want to hear what your experience are. My car is remote tune but was thinking of bringing it to he shop to do dyno tune. Let me know for those of you who have experience both. Should I just keep the remote tune and don't need to do dyno tune anymore. I mean does dyno tune is better or remote tuning is good enough? Thank you all in advance.

Last edited:
If you have the money, the shop will be glad to take it. Remote tunes, when done as precisely as possible, are almost as good as a true dyno tune, depending on the tuner.

2 of my 3 cars have remote tunes, as a reference, and they both worked out good.

A good remote tune is fine, it will always leave some on the table vs the dyno so unless you are trying to get every inch you can you are fine. I have seen many many bad tunes from shops with dyno's and remote tuners who do great tunes. Most of the cars i still tune i do remote then will push it more at the track reading plug's ect.

Thank you for all the replies, I guess I'll just keep my remote tuning for now. If in the future I upgrade or change anything in my engine again then I'll consider local dyno tune. Thanks all.

Make sure whoever dyno tunes know DSM's and ECMlink. The good known remote tuners will tune your car better then almost all dyno tuners out there.

ECMlink is kinda a niche thing, best left to the tried and true DSMers out there.

Make sure whoever dyno tunes know DSM's and ECMlink. The good known remote tuners will tune your car better then almost all dyno tuners out there.

ECMlink is kinda a niche thing, best left to the tried and true DSMers out there.
I agree, will need a dyno tuner who knows dsm well

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back