The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G 1g swap in 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok guys I been doing research and nothing has help so far. So I fix the oil leak but now the car won’t turn over. It cranks but that’s it. I replace the coils,wires, spark plugs and fuel injectors seals and still cranks with a no start. Any ideas on what the issue can be

I’m getting fuel to the rail and cylinder. Pulled my spark plugs and they smelled like fuel so I don’t think I’m getting spark

Crank sensor been replace but not the cam sensor

Crank sensor been replace but not the cam sensor
More information please (smacking my head with my hand)

These motors can be made to work with various types of cam and crank sensors.

What is your CAM sensor? Is it a 1G green top, 1G black top, 2Ga or 2Gb sensor?

What is your Crank sensor? Is it a 2G sensor? Is it a Kiggly sensor on a 6 Bolt with a custom trigger plate? or are you using the crank signal from a 1G CAM sensor?

Where did you get the replacement sensor? is it made in Japan or is it a Chinese copy?

It’s a black top cam sensor and the crank is 2g sensor

It’s a black top cam sensor and the crank is 2g sensor
Very good. The Blacktop CAM sensor can also supply a crank signal if you find out that the 2G crank sensor is dead.

How did you wire the Blacktop? There are 4 wires, Power ground and two signals. What of these 4 wires did you connect to the 3 wires in the 97 engine harness?

What kind of ECU do you have? 95 - or - 97+

Believe I used the cam wire harness adapter and the ecu is 97+

Believe I used the cam wire harness adapter and the ecu is 97+
Picture please of the adaptor and where it plugs in on both ends. Also, check for spark on each plug. I typically pull the wire from the plug and connect it to a spare plug, ground the threads and inspect for spark when cranking.

I did that test already I get spark
with all 4 plugs? or only 2?
You're saying you have spark and fuel, but it won't start? - Describe your problem as it is now.

Have you tried putting the plug wires from Cyl1 and 4 on Cyl 2 and 3? This inverts the coils - a typical thing to swap on the 1G in a 2G

It ran fine before I fix the leak. I’m getting every but a spark . Replace everything for the ignition side. Getting fuel and air still no spark

If it ran fine before you fixed the coolant leak, I'd be looking at all your wiring and connectors for ignition and make sure something didnt work itself loose or finally give up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back