The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ABS delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmike4g63t

Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2010
Batesville, Mississippi
So my engine and transmission is out of car for rebuild and While the engine bay is mostly empty I am deleting the ABS. I bought a non ABS proportioning valve and I also bought the ABS delete brake lines from JNZ. After doing this, once the car is back together what will be involved with the brakes? Just adding lost fluid and bleeding?

BENCH bleed the master, hook up the lines and let them flow, one at a time. Keep the fluid level up at all times. It will remove most of the air before you start to seal it up and pressurize it to bleed it correctly. I use an old water bottle, with 1/3rd full of brake fluid, with a vacuum hose inserted into the cap, all the way to the bottom. Crack the bleeder at the wheel, slip the hose onto the bleeder and pump the pedal. It will self bleed as long as the tube stays in brake fluid. Sounds cheesy but really easy. :thumb:

I did it in my 2g and bled in car. Start with the master and furthest caliper as DimondStar said. I also used a power bleeder to make it way easier, they are super cheap at princess auto/harbour freight.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back