The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G EDM light fog delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got a set of them recently, not a fan of the blank slot between the tail lights. I think to be technical im converting the edm lights to the jdm lights

Im not sure if anyone has done this before so I thought I would post the photos

I got out my trusty heat gun and gently heated and pryed around the lights.

If you haven't done this before I suggest doing a set of headlights first to get the feel if the hot glue prying action

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Anyhoos I wanted a clean light pattern across without the blank spot

Last edited:
I did similar a while ago but to be a tad different i only opted to remove 1 of the blockers.

Nice job, i have asked for this to be moved into a tech article. Maybe if you want to add some small details like tool you used and where you pryed from to show others this will be helpful for people to see the smaller details of it

Thanks for posting

I think this is the first time I’ve seen someone do this. I thought everyone bought the EDM tails for that specific look LOL

Any pictures? Curious to see how they light up
I do somewhere but perhaps on my pc as it likely was my old phone that had them. Let me see what i can find later

Last edited:
I think this is the first time I’ve seen someone do this. I thought everyone bought the EDM tails for that specific look LOL

Any pictures? Curious to see how they light up
looks like its not on this PC so it might be on my old one that i have not backed up pics from yet onto an external hard drive

Nice writeup! I'm curious, what if you put the EDM lens on the standard USDM housing? basically swapped lenses. would that give a similar look, or even closer to the JDM look?

Thanks for sharing this!

Nice writeup! I'm curious, what if you put the EDM lens on the standard USDM housing? basically swapped lenses. would that give a similar look, or even closer to the JDM look?

Thanks for sharing this!
I thought about doing this, just to make one of the corners perfect, but there would be no separation of the amber lights in the housings.

You can still tell the center lights are brighter in the fog position because of the added plastic internal reflectors

Vs factory edm

Last edited:
Nice write up. I opened my OEM tails a little while ago to see if I can transfer the lenses from my "JDM" lights since the corners are broken. It's a project for another day but should be able to just swap the divider onto the US housing. I used an oven in conjunction with a heat gun to open them up. Once I created a small opening I inserted a popsicle stick in between the lens and housing to prevent it from closing back up. I worked my way slowly all the way around also using an exacto blade to cut the adhesive when necessary.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back