The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 3G sun visors in a 2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I did a bunch of research on this and wasn't able to find a definitive answer so I figured I would post in case anyone else wanted to do this. I have looked high and low and could not find a decent set of 2G sun visors for my car. I tried opening mine up to recover them and absolutely demolished them. I decided to try a set from a 3G Eclipse and they fit magnificently. A lot of info I read said they would not fit and that the mounts had three screws and not two like a 2G. Every 3G i looked at (Coupe or Spyder) all mounted the same as the ones I put in my car. I have some pics below for reference of fitment. The only interference is the passenger side overlaps the OS handle slightly because the visors are longer that a 2G. I hope this helps someone else somewhere along their build!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I did a bunch of research on this and wasn't able to find a definitive answer so I figured I would post in case anyone else wanted to do this. I have looked high and low and could not find a decent set of 2G sun visors for my car. I tried opening mine up to recover them and absolutely demolished them. I decided to try a set from a 3G Eclipse and they fit magnificently. A lot of info I read said they would not fit and that the mounts had three screws and not two like a 2G. Every 3G i looked at (Coupe or Spyder) all mounted the same as the ones I put in my car. I have some pics below for reference of fitment. The only interference is the passenger side overlaps the OS handle slightly because the visors are longer that a 2G. I hope this helps someone else somewhere along their build!
this is gonna be nice to know, thank you for sharing, I was also wondering about the lights, did you rewire them or leave them out or did it fit straight up

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back