The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1990 Eagle Talon ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimdc49

Probationary Member
Mar 9, 2023
Somerset, California
Which 1 of these fits a 1990 Eagle Talon front wheel drive non turbo.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Anybody? I ordered the 1 on the left on ebay. I gave it to someone to give to my mechanic. He tells me they sent the wrong 1. He then tells me that he took the 1 on the left out of my car and the 1 on the right is the wrong 1. I had opened the package when I recieved it and saw the blue sticker. Here is a picture of the blue sticker in the ebay listing and the picture of the sticker my mechanic sent me. The sticker from mechanics pic is worn more but too many exact matches.

The one on the right has the correct case / mounting brackets for a 1G.

That said, we can tell absolutely nothing from this picture otherwise. Remove the covers and take pictures of the boards or try some self-identification using the printed number on the white connector (inside the case). Those four digits are the last four digits of the ECU E2T number. Using that, you can try identifying just what ECUs you have there.

Here’s an example of someone else trying the same thing: 1G What ECU is this?

If you’re still unsure, post up the pictures of the boards.

The 1 on the left is MD128624 Federal MT, the right is MD128622 California MT. MT= manual transmission?

There is also same #s with Federal AT and California AT= automatic transmission? My car is Manual and I am in California. Is MD128622 California MT the correct 1?

Thanks for any help.

That’s what it looks like. Yes, MT = manual transmission.

Verify that your car is setup for California emissions (either check your vacuum hoses and compare against the Federal and Cali diagrams or check for an EGR Temperature Sensor). If so, MD128622 is what it should be using.

That’s what it looks like. Yes, MT = manual transmission.

Verify that your car is setup for California emissions (either check your vacuum hoses and compare against the Federal and Cali diagrams or check for an EGR Temperature Sensor). If so, MD128622 is what it should be using.

Thanks for your help. It is set up for California emissions so ordered MD128622.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back