The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

20-Year Before and After

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9!'clipseDOHC

Aug 24, 2003
El Paso, Texas
I just bought the DSMtuners 20-year Anniversary shirt (it's an awesome shirt by the way), and that inspired me to recreate a picture from the day I first bought my 1G, back in January 2003. I was just a 16-year-old kid with a $250 car (with a snapped timing belt and front passenger fender bender that had to be towed to my house). Fast-forward 21 years and I'm now 38-years-old with a wife and 3 kids and a garage full of cool vehicles, but this old 1G still brings me joy! Anyone else have any similar before and after pics with extended periods of time in-between (10, 15, 20+ years)?

img_0519-jpeg.723718

Last edited:
I love it! I'm a year away from the 20th anniversary of buying my Galant, so I'll have to find an old picture I can do something like this with 😄

Nice 1G

What's the retail on one of those
Thanks!

I’m not sure if we are going with Fast and Furious quotes and I should say “more than you can afford pal” or if you actually mean the original retail price, which I got curious about and just looked up, and it was $16,693 for a GS (which is what mine was originally) or $18,683 for a GSX (which is what it has become).

Haha this is great.

I was into DSMs from 15 (my first car) to my mid 20s, then I got into other things. I recently got back into cars, and picked up my dream car for my 40th birthday. The dream car got car excitement going again, and now I am looking for a Eclipse Spyder GST.

Photo back from May 10th, 1999 when I got my car. About a month before I had my drivers liscence, on my learners permit.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Haha this is great.

I was into DSMs from 15 (my first car) to my mid 20s, then I got into other things. I recently got back into cars, and picked up my dream car for my 40th birthday. The dream car got car excitement going again, and now I am looking for a Eclipse Spyder GST.

Photo back from May 10th, 1999 when I got my car. About a month before I had my drivers liscence, on my learners permit.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! What’s the dream car?

I said I'd never buy a non awd, not turbo, not manual, then I drove my 2016 Porsche GT3 RS... LOL

My brother had a 98 RS, both our cars in 99.

Wow! Thats a beautiful car, congratulations!

Thanks!

Hows the DSM scene these day? Forums look slow. Anywhere to buy parts anymore?

I left in ~2008 or so. I got the above car for my 40th mid life crisis. My wife wants a convertible for her 40th, so I found a 99 GST Convertible for her :). She thinks it's "cute" and is open to buying it. Probably going to buy it. 99 GST manual with 49k miles.

I said I'd never buy a non awd, not turbo, not manual, then I drove my 2016 Porsche GT3 RS... LOL

My brother had a 98 RS, both our cars in 99.

Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?

Thanks!

Hows the DSM scene these day? Forums look slow. Anywhere to buy parts anymore?

I left in ~2008 or so. I got the above car for my 40th mid life crisis. My wife wants a convertible for her 40th, so I found a 99 GST Convertible for her :). She thinks it's "cute" and is open to buying it. Probably going to buy it. 99 GST manual with 49k miles.

There's tons of vendors still that sell parts, for some parts you might need to look in the classifieds/Ebay if you can't find them on a site like Extreme PSI, or STM

Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?

There's tons of vendors still that sell parts, for some parts you might need to look in the classifieds/Ebay if you can't find them on a site like Extreme PSI, or STM

MSRP was about $208, and thanks to the popularity of the GT3RS the retail is still basically the price. :oops:

First is my brother's 1993 GS that he got in 2001. That's what got he and I into it -- more me than he at this point.

He ended up selling that and picking up a 1996 3000GT base model before I found my first 1990 GS, around September 2003. My family still has this car around and it is turbo swapped. :thumb:

Then, March / April of 2004, picked up my current 1990 GST that needed a clutch at the time, with something like 175k miles on the clock.

It had its glory days around 2010 and is now used mainly as a daily driver with nearly 370k on the odometer. I realize the general idea of the trend is to see improvements but, meh… :coy:

First is my brother's 1993 GS that he got in 2001. That's what got he and I into it -- more me than he at this point.

He ended up selling that and picking up a 1996 3000GT base model before I found my first 1990 GS, around September 2003. My family still has this car around and it is turbo swapped. :thumb:

Then, March / April of 2004, picked up my current 1990 GST that needed a clutch at the time, with something like 175k miles on the clock.

It had its glory days around 2010 and is now used mainly as a daily driver with nearly 370k on the odometer. :coy:

What front bumper is this? Would love that on my laser as I don't wanna mount a wing on it but that front looks amazing

It’s the OEM MB631110 bumper with the “optional” MB631124 lip.

It did look alright even though it had met too many parking blocks before getting to me. Shame on me, but I’m pretty certain I threw out the lip some time ago. Still have the bumper cover, just in case.

Thanks!

I’m not sure if we are going with Fast and Furious quotes and I should say “more than you can afford pal” or if you actually mean the original retail price, which I got curious about and just looked up, and it was $16,693 for a GS (which is what mine was originally) or $18,683 for a GSX (which is what it has become).
I always thought you couldnt awd swap a 1g? and it was only a 2g thing

Gotta show its good side! That really cool you still have the same one!
It’s literally the only goal I set for myself at a young age that wasn’t either failed or accomplished at this point. She’s there til the end..just taking a little longer than desired. ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back