The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

420A 420A A/C delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I will be show you how to remove the AC off 420a .
This is just a how to remove the ac , I do not have information on the new belt needed or what size belt, how to tension the new belt ect. (I will edit once I figure that out)

shout out to those who helped me!
You know who you are!!

Step 1 is to release any pressure out of the system. ( this is illegal i believe, do as you will with this information)
There will be L and H caps ..
Make sure you wear gloves and a rag over while you do this so you don’t hurt your self! (Unless you had a leak like me and have no pressure then you’re lucky)
this is how it will look like
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Step 2. Once that is done you can carefully unbolt these lines.
Two 10MM bolts on the fire wall.
Here are the locations
-fire wall (follow the L line)

Follow the L line and it’ll go to a canister. You can just unbolt these 2 bolts and it’ll come off

Now follow these lines again and it’ll go down to the condenser and you only have 2 more bolts and the lines will be almost free.

Now the only thing holding these lines in are connected to the A/C and same process, just 2 bolts

Now the lines and canister is free you can remove them.
Note: remove anything and unbolt anything holding down the lines, you will see them very easily.

Now step 3. Removing the A/C

There will be 4 bolts holding the A/C and I’ll show you locations

You can see the bolts on top are the bracket, don’t get confused!
The bolt circled in black is the bolt you need to get, there will be 4 in a square pattern! After the first just look over and you’ll see the next bolt. They will be pretty long.

The 2 bottom bolts

Once that is out you can remove the AC

Now technically you are finished but if you want to remove the bracket it’s just 4 bolts connected to the block , you will see them right there.

step 4. (optional) remove condenser

Very easy process just 2 bolts you need to unscrew with a wrench holding the nut.
left side and right side next to headlights

Now once you remove the bolts with a wrench holding the nut, you can remove the condenser and you should be finished! Don’t forget to unplug the AC sensor before pulling!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back